Being a work in progress, this list and organization of this list is bound to be updated as I write the articles supporting it. It is also bound to refer directly or indirectly to existing and well documented body of studies or school of thoughts. Hence, I do not claim them to be original per se (incidentally, not unlike what is described below ) .
Note that what follows immediately below, is necessarily more opaque than some would want (including me). Fortunately, it will quickly be followed by articles that I expect the reader will find light hearted and easy to follow (in comparison).
- All things are existential and functional variations of everything else. This is NOT a statement of connectedness. Rather it is a statement of similarity.
- All things exist as a change in state relative to something else.
- The degree and nature of change is a direct reflection of the influence of opposing forces.
- Changes are aimed at conserving/establishing/re-establishing some degree of equilibrium.
- Since all things are and work in a similar fashion, isolating similarities is extremely useful and powerful. Solutions in one area maybe portable to another area and understanding of one phenomenon help understand another whether such phenomena seem related or not.
On the true nature of things (See Iguanas are Us)
- All beings/systems act completely logically and predictably with respect to properly understood circumstances.
- Circumstances can be divided in 2 broad categories: a) internal/internalized constraints (i.e. true nature) b) external stress
- The relative strength/weight/importance of individual constraints characteristics will vary in function of stress (see Axioms 2, 3)
- The higher priority constraints (what is commonly referred to as true/essential nature) at any given time are put in evidence when the system is under higher stress situations.
- Desired outcome/behaviors can be induced by playing to those constraints under the right stress situation
On the true nature of our activities
- Societies, cultures, companies and individual act in similar ways (see axioms 1)
- All of what we do consists in either investing or protecting an investment
- Models used to manage financial investment strategies are suitable for understanding / predicting human behavior (see Corollary 1)
(To be Continued…. )